Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Sunday, January 27, 2008
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
I decided to take my recent trip traveling time and devote it to me (instead of work like I usually do). With the 10 hour trip out to CA, and the 6 hour trip back, I got pretty far along with my own personal Comfi Cardi. I adored this project from the moment I swatched it. I really really didn't want to give up the sample that was photographed in CM, but I did. Now, a year later I am finally making one for me!
I am making a couple of changes, I am shortening the sleeves to be elbow length. I am also making the sleeves smaller, b/c I definitely don't fit in standard body sizes. So my cardi will have a large chest size and small arm size. So far so good. I am finished with the back, one arm, and one front panel. I am using Peruvian Pure Alpaca Fina, which has been a great substitute for me in a blueish gray. Can't wait to show you more as I go!
Thanks everyone for asking how I am changing the cardi!- I posted a bit on this on my blog.
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
LACY TOP EDGING, WRAP ONLY
Row 1: Ch1, sc in first hdc, sk next 2 hdc, fan st in next hdc, sk 2 hdc, *sc in next hdc, sk next 2 hdc, fan st in next hdc, sk next 2 hdc, [remove extra: sk next 2 hdc] rep from * around front panel and back, end with sc, turn. - 40, 44, 48, 52 fan sts total
(Thank you Margaret for finding this error for us!)
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
I think the part that's most difficult for me is seeing how the garment comes together...because I can't see how the sleeves are built, I'm not able to relate the various measurements to the pattern itself. It's my inexperience with this type of resizing...I usually just size as I go and add stitches as I need to. This is definitely the most involved project I've ever done...but I'm so glad that I've taken on this challenge.
Anyhow, a big HELLO to y'all and I'm glad to have some support during this crazy journey!
I'm working on the upper right arm. It says to skip the last five stitches in the row (shaping the underarm), which has resulted in a nub on mine. i don't know what it's for or if it's supposed to be there. here is a photo. Can anyone shed some light on this?
Tuesday, January 1, 2008
Weeeell the downside was that didn't get done in time for the Feb. 17th concert. However I have pulled it to finish. Bruce and I have a wedding to attend in Niagara Falls and I would like to have a couple of nice dresses to wear.
Here is what I have so far...
Back of the Babydoll Dress
Front of the Babydoll Dress
(edited to add some pictures)
Whoo Hoo! Finally got my project finished, and pictures uploaded! I have more in the CM Flickr account.
I took the sleeves in a bit. Note that I'm not showing the seaming on this alteration ;)
It certainly shows of the curves! Can't shape with crochet my @rse! I'm quite happy, even though any crocheter with any talent will see the flaws and hiccups (sorry Chloe!).
This project has empowered me! I already have more garments in my queue.